Tomorrow, Tuesday, April 6, is Election Day in St. Louis County. In some places, especially throughout South County, the only measure on the ballot is Proposition A: a sales tax increase.
Prop A’s backers—principally County Exec Charlie Dooley and Chesterfield Mayor John Nations—claim this tax increase of up to $650 per family will allow Metro to grow. You know otherwise.
- Dooley and Nations cannot point to a specific plan. They point to four.
- They cannot tell you how much any of the four plans costs. They tell you, “a lot more than we’ve got.”
- They cannot tell you that Proposition A will cover the cost of expansion. It will not.
- They cannot tell you Proposition A won’t pay for the sins of the past. It will.
- They cannot tell you that Proposition A will be enough to run Metro for five years without another tax increase. It won’t.
- They cannot tell you that Proposition A will make lives of the poor and disabled better. It won’t
- Dooley and Nations cannot give you one positive reason to raise your taxes. They can only give excuses.
In short, Proposition A is just another progressive strategy for taking your money and giving it to politicians to spent.
Vote No on Proposition A on Tuesday, April 6. No excuses.