April 29, 2012 by wiliamthennessy
Studies Show Most Americans Are Too Stupid to Vote
The new fad among Democrats is to see how many illegal aliens they can pack into a voting booth. While we conservatives decry this illegal and anti-American grab at tyrannical power, we should take some solace in this sobering fact: those illegal aliens probably know as much about the American political system as most 13th generation Americans.
The fact is, most Americans are too stupid about politics to vote, which explains the 2008 election.
Just look at these horrendous numbers from Xavier University:
For example, when asked questions about our government and political leaders, the survey results found:
- 85% did not know the meaning of the “the rule of law.”
- 82% could not name “two rights stated in the Declaration of Independence.”
- 75% were not able to correctly answer “What does the judiciary branch do?”
- 71% were unable to identify the Constitution as the “supreme law of the land.”
- 68% did not know how many justices are on the Supreme Court.
- 63% could not name one of their two US Senators.
- 62% could not identify “What happened at the Constitutional Convention?”
- 62% could not answer “the name of the Speaker of the US House.”
Who doesn’t want the highest possible number of people to vote? I don’t.
My vote should not have to compete with that of a moron who can’t blurt out “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness” when asked to name the rights mentioned in the Declaration of Independence. (A “moron” is someone with a mental age between 8 and 12, for those of you who vote Democrat.)
If you don’t know that the Constitution is the supreme law of the land, you should not be allowed to vote–photo ID or not. Nor should your political opinions carry weight among the 15 percent in this country who actually know something.
Combined with another survey released last week showing that liberals are politically ignorant, closed-minded, judgmental, hate-mongers, you realize that the voting franchise has been diluted too far.