Forty Days of Life is a peaceful, prayerful response the poverty of abortion.
The Coalition for Life is a community based Christian pro-life organization made up of over 90 churches and thousands of individuals who are working to end abortion in St. Louis, peacefully and prayerfully.
The 40 Days for Life St. Louis Adopt-A-Day program is for Churches and/or Organizations that feel God is calling them to a day of prayer at our vigil location near Planned Parenthood on Forest Park Avenue.
Each of us can make a difference.
The final poll before Tuesday’s special election to fill Jack Murtha’s unexpired seat in the U.S. House shows that Republican Tim Burns is neck and neck with Democrat and pork barrel specialist Mark Critz. (Yes, Critz’s campaign is funded by lobbyists and special interests.)
PPP has it 48 to 47 Burns.
That means GOTV will determine the winner.
If you want to make a difference, here’s the four step plan:
- Got friends in PA12? Call them. Ask them if they intend to vote for Tim Burns on Tuesday*
- Email friends who live anywhere in western PA, eastern Ohio, or West Virginia asking them to contact their PA12 friends
- Use twitter, facebook, or any other social networking channels to spread the word
- Join the nationwide Virtual Phone Bank
- Pray. For the next two days, let’s set aside One Minute of Prayer at 3:00 p.m. local time. I’ve added a One Minute of Prayer event to our Conservative Calendar.
(And on Wednesday, we’ll take a moment to thank God for the election, no matter the results. )
This is a great chance to make a difference and set the tone for 2010.
* Just asking someone if they intend to vote increases the chance that they will vote by 40 percent, according to researcher Dr. Robert Cialdini.