Reading Time: 1
A couple weeks ago, I published a simple game for political nerds. Assuming the next president must build a cabinet from current candidates for the Republican nomination for president, how would you assign candidates to cabinet positions.
This was meant to be a fun exercise for people who spend too much time thinking about politics. Like the leaders-eat-last poll, this required hide, often dissatisfying choices. As a result, only six people completed the exercise which took up to a half hour.
Here’s the cabinet you put together, using only the top position for candidate:
- Carly Fiorina: Secretary of Commerce
- Ben Carson: Secretary of Health and Human Services
- Jeb Bush: (4-way tie) Secretary of Commerce, Secretary of State, Secretary of Interior, Secretary of Energy
- Ted Cruz: Attorney General
- Rand Paul: Secretary of Treasury
- Marco Rubio: Secretary of Energy
- Scott Walker: Secretary of Labor
- Chris Christie: Secretary of Veterans Affairs
- Mike Huckabee: Secretary of Agriculture
- Donald Trump: Secretary of Treasury
- John Kasich: Secretary of Interior
- George Pataki: Secretary of Trasnportation
- Jim Gilmore: Secretary of Housing and Urban Development
- Bobby Jindal: Secretary of Education
- Lindsey Graham: Secretary of Defense
- Rick Perry: Secretary of Homeland Security
You might also be interested in the results of my poll on Leaders Eat Last.
Complete results available here.