Do you follow the recommended diets? Low fat. High carbohydrate? Eat lots of fruit?
If so, you’re probably overweight. And your blood tests are probably a mess. Maybe your doctor recommends expensive prescriptions to lower your cholesterol.
A new study finds the problem is not your fault. Your doctor, poorly educated in nutrition, and government recommendations, prompted by industry lobbyists, are designed to keep you fat and sick. And it’s not just US government. Here’s the Guardian’s subheading:
Report accuses UK public health bodies of colluding with food industry and calls for overhaul of dietary guidelines.
And here are the highlights of the report, which closely mirror what I’ve been telling you for months:
- Urging people to follow low-fat diets and to lower their cholesterol is having “disastrous health consequences”
- The focus on low-fat diets is failing to address Britain’s obesity crisis while snacking between meals is making people fat.
- “Eating fat does not make you fat.”
- saturated fat does not cause heart disease while full-fat dairy, including milk, yogurt, and cheese, can actually protect the heart.
- Processed foods labeled “low fat”, “lite”, “low cholesterol” or “proven to lower cholesterol” should be avoided at all costs, and people with type 2 diabetes should eat a fat-rich diet rather than one based on carbohydrates.
- Sugar should be avoided, people should stop counting calories and the idea that exercise could help you “outrun a bad diet” was a myth.
- “The most natural and nutritious foods available – meat, fish, eggs, dairy products, nuts, seeds, olive, avocados – all contain saturated fat.”
- “The continued demonization of omnipresent natural fat drives people away from highly nourishing, wholesome and health-promoting foods.”
- Just as big tobacco companies bought the “loyalty of scientists” when a link was made between smoking and lung cancer, the influence of the food industry represents a “significant threat to public health”
Don’t believe anything about diet from the major health organizations or the government. Their recommendations are funded by the food pharma lobbies. Instead, listen to the doctors who’ve actually reduced obesity and diseases. Here are my recommended websites:
Also, be sure to digest my previous posts on this topic:
- Healthcare Strategy: Ignore Government Diet Advice
- Government Diet Makes You Fat and Kills You
- Persuasion and Fat
- Why Are You Letting Your Doctor Kill You?
- How to Hold Your Breath for 3 Minutes
- Study: Kellogg’s Products Deadlier Than Cigarettes?
You don’t have to believe what the government tells you about food and nutrition. You can follow the diet humans followed for our first 249,000 years.